HOME

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ever tried baking soda for cleaning your clothes?


Baking soda is great for cleaning a lot of things the green way, teeth, removing of older stains and also for cleaning clothes.

As you all remember I posted a blog about some of second hand zip up tops so far (see below).

The blue one was immaculate but the beige had some old dirt stains (like a grey veil) on the cuffs and collar from wearing over the years.
I did of course wash all my second hand clothes before wearing them, but unfortunately not all stains vanished.
I took a bowl, big enough to allow the parts I want to soak to cover with water when dipping them in and poured a good bit of baking soda in to the water too.
Let it soak over a night and the stain should be gone.

It also brilliantly works on stained and lime-scaled kettles, tea pots, etc.
Below you find a link with more tips to cleaning with baking powder.

Please click here to get to '7 uses for baking soda' by Sarah Aguirre.

Happy cleaning guys :-)

Thanks,
         Carsten


No comments:

Post a Comment