Now, there am I again. Just back from the gym.
A
few emails answered, a phone call and a shower later.
I
was thinking, it is time again to present a new post:
Since
I am in a total alteration rush, I thought I might as well start of
with my ideas in relation to alteration.
I
am 100% sure you all have clothes in your wardrobe that look a bit
dated, are in good nick and you still love them, but they don't fit
anymore.
An
easy task actually, bring them to your alteration service.
Get
creative and recycle your clothes.
Get
them taken in or made wider or longer or shorter.
But
stay within a healthy budget, be sure that it is really worse money
wise to recycle clothing.
Always
confirm your ideas with your Tailor and see if he reckons it is do-able
what you have on mind or on a piece of paper.
I
had a few tops recently or work shirts which didn't fit right anymore.
A
few I got taken in on the sides and on the sleeves.
A
long-sleeve I got made longer by opening up the bottom seam to
elongated it
and
it they supported with a kick band.
And I got it made a bit tighter too by taking in the sides.
And I got it made a bit tighter too by taking in the sides.
For
others that got too tight, I bought black fabric.
My
tailor let the fabric in on the sides to make them a bit wider and
repeated the same fabric on different parts of the shirts as
applications.
The
opportunities can be 'endless'.
What do you think?
Working
with your clothes is very exciting it makes you appreciating them
more.
They
are your creation now.
I
think in my case it was a good idea I am proud of my 'new' tops.
Right
I let you go now and don't forget Dublin Tall Ships is on.
Maybe
I see you there ;-)
By
for now and thanks,
Carsten



No comments:
New comments are not allowed.