HOME

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Things that make us happy  


Hi guys as promised I will feature in today's blog a well established designer from Belfast.
I am proud to present a little blog about


Obviously Dave loves designing and that's THE thing that makes him happy.
He studied printed textile and fashion design at the University of Ulster, Belfast from 2007-2011.


Dave is one of Belfast's few male designer and also acts as manager and fashion designer at Unify.
                                                             
Displaying his collection at the Belfast Fashion Week 2010-2012 to the NI fashion scene definitely left an impression.
His collections also where on the cover of Northern Ireland's 'Wedding Bell'.

























Hi work was initially inspired by medieval Armour and the pattern of the embellishments.

This concept was further developed into design and fabric manipulation by drawing inspiration from the 'Brothers Grimm' Fairy tales to form and create his final collection.

"Totally up my alley too"
I love Steam-Punk and 50's/60's inspired designs.


Other influences are designer like Alexander McQueen and Issey Miyake.
They inspired Dave to create fabrics and designs that would be combined to create a collection of innovative and extraordinary conceptual pieces.




Dave recently had go on men's wear, which proved a big hit with lovers of alternative fashion.
David's collection is a must see for any fashion or textile enthusiast and promises not to disappoint.



I am sure there is much much more to look forward too from this promising and original designer.



"Thanks very much Dave for your colaboration and the photo material. All the best for your designer future. Can't wait to see more of your designs."


Hope I made you All curious about Dave Henderson, if you didn't know him already.
I definitely enjoyed blogging about him and can't wait to   
get my hands on some of his pieces.

Love,
      Carsten



No comments:

Post a Comment